Do you always wonder how the fashion editors and bloggers at Fashion Week always look so chic?
In the past decade, the fashion industry has seen a rise in “Street Style”, a term created from the musings of popular photographers and blogs like The Sartorialist and Jak and Jil.
The streets have become a runway, especially during Fashion Weeks, where editors, bloggers and even models are photographed.
Let’s demystify Street Style. Here are some quick, easy street style tips to keep you looking chic:
- Add elements of surprise – wear something a bit unexpected in your look
- Wear designer pieces with discount items – mix and match!) Yes, you can wear Givenchy with Zara. Those in business call this “High-Low” dressing.
- Throw on a pair of chic sunglasses that flow with your outfit
- Dress for the weather/occasion. If you know you have a far walk ahead of you, wear shoes that will work for the walk (you can always change them at the venue)
- Be confident – no matter what you put on, wear it with attitude
This is a great look for running errands – it’s comfortable, functional and cute.
See Jessica’s look Featured on Vanity Fair International Best Dressed List Challenge.